Here it is, the Accidental Finds Travel Manifesto. Some tips for planning your trip the AF way!
1. Don’t overplan your trip. Yes, you want to know what you should see while you’re there, but be sure to leave time to discover new places, visit someplace twice, or to take a break by sitting in the town square one afternoon or enjoying a long lunch.
2. Be open to everything. Food, people, places, you name it, give it shot. You’re traveling to get out of your comfort zone, so try to best to get yourself out of it.
3. Be smart about being open to anything. You probably already do this, but use common sense and protect yourself. Everything doesn’t mean absolutely everything.
4. Don’t be afraid to pick a random place and go there. It will probably be awesome, and if not, you still got to see a new place and you know where not to go next time. As you can tell by this blog, I’ve had some of my best trips this way.
5. Make time see parts of the city where tourists normally don’t go. Talk to people who have been to the place, research blogs by people who live in your destination, etc. to find out what the must-see spots are that go beyond the standard guide book stuff.
6. Look for accidental finds near your home. You don’t have to go far to create a great travel story!
What else would you add to this list? Let me know in the comments!